Welcome to our Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Aquaculture, Environment and Society (EMJMD ACES\ACES+)
Fully funded Erasmus Mundus Scholarships available for our ACES+ Joint Master Degree
Apply Now for our Sept 2018 Intake – for more information click here
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in AquaCulture, Environment and Society Plus (EMJMD ACES +) will give you a unique opportunity to study in up to four centres of European excellence in aquaculture research and learning; Scotland, Crete, France and the Netherlands. It will also allow you to gain the practical and theoretical skills needed for a successful career in aquaculture through industry-led research programmes, internships and fieldwork.
We are committed to promoting the development of a sustainable aquaculture industry and to achieve our goal we carry out cutting-edge research across all areas of aquaculture science including;
- Fish, crustacean and bivalve nutrition and health
- Disease mitigation and resistance
- Genetic improvement
- Aquaculture systems and technology
- Aquaculture governance and management
- Qualification obtained: Erasmus Mundus Joint MSc Degree
- Study: Full time
- Duration: 2 years
- Start Date: September
- Student Learning Journey: Semester 1 – UHI-SAMS, Oban, Scotland; Semester 2 – University of Crete, Greece; Semester 3 – University of Nantes, France; Semester 4 – Research project, of approx. 4 months duration which can carried out with our partner organisations in Scotland, Crete, France, the Netherlands or further afield with our international Associated Institutes.
- Requirements: Minimum of a second class Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject. Applicants without these formal qualifications, but with substantial work/ life experience in the aquaculture industry, are also encouraged to apply.
- Programme Leader: Elizabeth Cottier-Cook
- Programme Administrator: Helen Bury (email@example.com)
We are now accepting applications for our 2018-2020 intake of students. EU and international applicants are very welcome to apply – our EMJMD ACES + programme is aimed at students from all over the world.
Submit your application NOW for Erasmus Mundus scholarships, Marine Harvest (Scotland) scholarship and self-funded places
For information on other scholarships and bursaries that may potentially be available to support your studies, please see the section on our website, ‘Fees and Scholarships’
Please contact our Programme Administrator, Helen Bury, via email ACES@sams.ac.uk for further information.
You can also download the UHI Postgraduate prospectus
If you are committed to developing the specialist and practical skills needed to address the challenges and pressures facing an industry which is set to become globally the fastest growing animal-food producing sector, then we would love to hear from you!